Bank of Tourism Potentials in Slovenia (BTPS) promotes networking of ideas and their realisation oportunities in (Slovene) tourism arena. This is our Travel blog, where we will try to find different people willing to write about Slovenia and Slovenian tourism potentials. All in the name of even better tourism for which our Bank of Tourism Potentials is struggling 24/7. Stay tuned to BTPS and stay tuned to series of live reporting from Slovenian tourism scene!


November 19, 2010

Let’s help all people travel!


Juan Lopez, young Spanish entrepreneur discovering Slovenian tourism (more pictures)

Hello, I am here again. Ten days ago I wrote the last blog and I anticipated some things about what I would write in this blog. So, I’m going to start:

From the first days of November I have been working in the company PREMIKI on a project Turag4all (http://www.turag4all.eu/). As you know  this company focuses on accessible tourism, they want that all people could travel (specially the people with disabilities), so I went to their office and I help them. The first day I went to Turag4all I was with Dolores (the boss) and Dolores’ team: Kaja, Fanika, Kristina and Silvia. All of them are very friendly and I have enjoyed working with them.
The company started as a project financed by the European Social Fund and Slovenian Ministry of Labour, Family and Social Affairs and it is at the beginnings. So, I have seen how an enterprise is born and how it grows. 
At the start they are getting in touch with different Slovenian associations, and hotels in search of collaboration. They visit the hotels and if the accommodations have facilities for disabled people they give them the certificate “Disability Friendly” and they promote these places. At the moment they promote different hotels in Slovenia.

The company has taken part in the World Travel Market in London (from 8th to 11th November 2010), in this fair there were more than 5,000 companies from all over the world (18 of them were from Slovenia) and more than 24,000 visitors attended. At that event people from the company met people from all over the world and they have established contacts with people and companies from Croatia, Bulgaria, Italy, U.K…. In the next days Dolores is going to Valladolid (Spain), very close to my city, to participate in the third international congress on accessible tourism for all.

I helped them translate the turag4all.eu webpage to Spanish and I have looked at some contacts with Spanish companies to try establish some links with Slovenia. I’d like to highlight the organization FEAFES, Spanish Confederation group of federations and associations of people with mental illness and their families. They organize trips for people with disabilities in Spain and in Europe (París…). In my opinion I think it could be very interesting if Turag4all could work with them or other similar associations.

I have worked very happy and I have learnt differenent things that I consider very useful in my life.

Now, I’m going to prepare the suitcase because I’m going… I´m going to Bohinj, because Bohinj Park Eko Hotel is waiting for me.

See you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment