Bank of Tourism Potentials in Slovenia (BTPS) promotes networking of ideas and their realisation oportunities in (Slovene) tourism arena. This is our Travel blog, where we will try to find different people willing to write about Slovenia and Slovenian tourism potentials. All in the name of even better tourism for which our Bank of Tourism Potentials is struggling 24/7. Stay tuned to BTPS and stay tuned to series of live reporting from Slovenian tourism scene!


August 16, 2010

Open theatre

Adam McRae, the winner of StormIt challenge (more pictures and comments)

"Ah, now we're talking. I know that there's lots of tourists in Ljubljana right now, but who cares, it's worth it. I walked over to this Metelkova street which i've heard so much about and find the hostel Celica. It's pretty booked up, and I don't want to spend 26 euro on a more premium bed so I have a drink at the bar instead. I recently learned that tipping is appropriate here in Slovenia (oops), but only on the order of rounding your bill up to the next euro, and only then if you want to. I tip the bartender the 0.3€ from my change, and she offers to let me stay at her place tonight. Who knows what I would get for a full euro.

There is a festival happening in Ljubljana right now, and part of it involves showing movies outside in the courtyard of the castle. It was 'The Hurt Locker' and it's pretty cool to be able to smoke and have a beer while at a 'theatre'. On the way back down to the city, I forgot that there are no lights on the pathway, so I just have to rely on gravity to get me back."

No comments:

Post a Comment