Bank of Tourism Potentials in Slovenia (BTPS) promotes networking of ideas and their realisation oportunities in (Slovene) tourism arena. This is our Travel blog, where we will try to find different people willing to write about Slovenia and Slovenian tourism potentials. All in the name of even better tourism for which our Bank of Tourism Potentials is struggling 24/7. Stay tuned to BTPS and stay tuned to series of live reporting from Slovenian tourism scene!


August 15, 2010

Stop in Celje


Adam McRae, the winner of StormIt challenge (more pictures and comments)

"So it's raining in Slovenia, at least in this part of it and I'm partially annoyed partially concerned about wandering around and getting soaked. But after leaving the Ptuj city center (not exactly my kind of music at this festival thing) I meet a helpful woman on her way to ljubljana, the trains are different on the weekends, so we are both at a loss as to how we are getting to our respective places, but at least we're both going in the same direction. She is cool. And once again, my list of things to see and do is expanding. I decide to risk the rain and get off in Celje anyway. As I get off, the clouds part and away I go to where I believe the hostel is. This MCC hostel is maybe the cleanest nicest hostel I've seen. It's new as of June, so that might explain things, and there is even a band on a Slovenian tour playing on the ground floor. I don't know how much government support this place received, but it is certainly a winner in my book. There's even free bike rental.

The next morning is nice out, and after a coffee and checking out I ride up to the lake. It's a short ride, and the bike paths all look brand new. According to my Slovene friends, Celje is where the rich people live.... I guess rich people like bicycle lanes too.

And now I'm the only person here. And I'm talking to the girl at the cafe, who is filling me in on all the interstibg Slovenia stuff from the recent years.

On the train now.

Nearby is the town of Laško, where as far as I can tell, all of the beer in Slovenia is made. I should have stopped, but I wanted to get to Ljubljana again to satisfy my 'city' side. Maybe later."

No comments:

Post a Comment