Bank of Tourism Potentials in Slovenia (BTPS) promotes networking of ideas and their realisation oportunities in (Slovene) tourism arena. This is our Travel blog, where we will try to find different people willing to write about Slovenia and Slovenian tourism potentials. All in the name of even better tourism for which our Bank of Tourism Potentials is struggling 24/7. Stay tuned to BTPS and stay tuned to series of live reporting from Slovenian tourism scene!


August 17, 2010

White lie

Adam McRae, the winner of StormIt Challenge (more pictures and comments)

"The hostel Celica is my home base even though I've only actually slept here one night. It is relaxed and nobody is bothering me to buy something. I write to you now from a hammock in the courtyard, with my belongings stashed away in the luggage room. It's not really my thing, but this hostel really does it's best to get people to mingle with each other. I grow tired pretty quickly from the ensuing 'who has been to more places' conversation. Besides, I'm here to meet Slovenians, if I wanted to meet Irish people, I know where there's a whole island full of them. Nevertheless, it's not the most fun being a loser. Plus I have instant street cred by pretending I'm an actual travel writer, the most coveted job in hostel land. It's a white lie.

Still in a hangover haze from drinking too many beers and smoking too many cigarettes with the kids in Metelkova. I can't bring myself to take pictures of the place, people live here. But I certainly recommend it. It's nice to escape the meat-market of clubs and bars and let the freak flag fly. It's liberating. Makes me feel young. Also, seems the right venue to pick up drugs if beer isn't enough for you.

The whirlwind best of Slovenia tour begins soon. It's going to be a change for me. Tickets and vouchers, everything booked and paid for. I've really gotta hand it to the tourism guys for setting this all up. Is this how most people travel? It could either be incredibly relaxing or incredibly constricting. We shall see! Really, Jocelyn is the big winner here. Pop in for a week guided Slovenia tour, lucky gal.

The train leaves for Venice at 2:28am. Pretty hard to call it an overnight train, but at least I don't have to find anywhere to stay tonight. I'm dreading going back there. Get in get out, take a photo with Jocelyn. Not buy a single overpriced pizza.

This city Ljubljana, however, is great. Luckily all the Slovenian trains come through here, so I'll be back for sure. Hell, I still have 2 more weeks in this country.

This hammock has worked it's magic, so long hangover."

No comments:

Post a Comment