Bank of Tourism Potentials in Slovenia (BTPS) promotes networking of ideas and their realisation oportunities in (Slovene) tourism arena. This is our Travel blog, where we will try to find different people willing to write about Slovenia and Slovenian tourism potentials. All in the name of even better tourism for which our Bank of Tourism Potentials is struggling 24/7. Stay tuned to BTPS and stay tuned to series of live reporting from Slovenian tourism scene!


August 30, 2010

It's raining in Laibach

Adam McRae, the winner of StormIt challenge (more pictures and comments)

Ok, so the weather decided to rear it's ugly head and cancel my intended trip to Croatia. Fine. It was not on my list of things to do anyway. But the rain is a downer no matter where you are, and has rendered today unusable. Board games and Chinese food are the order of the day. It's a shame to be wasting my remaining days in Slovenia like this, but the weather is outside of my control. I do not want to walk around in the rain.

Last night was the final night of Trnfest, and to be honest, I was dissappointed. The main attraction, Laibach is maybe the most well-known Slovenian band outside of Slovenia. Their name is even the German name for Ljubljana. Cool name, super lame band. I was anticipating some mosh pit freaking out and dancing, but.. no luck. The best song was played during the credits after the set. What kind of band plays credits after their show? This band really takes themselves too seriously.

Oh well.

The rest of the evening was really fun though. Ample friendly people to hang out with and more than enough music to dance around to. There was an Alice in Chains cover band playing, which I found to be an odd choice for the closing night, but they were great. I'm not even a huge Alice in Chains fan, but these guys rocked it.

I met a girl by the name of Iva who I met the following morning after not having the most restful of sleeps. I hope I was coherent and didn't look like death, but I guess that will up to the readers of Delo to decide. I'm not sure when the interview will be printed, if at all.

I am beat. Luckily I have generous friends who own a comfortable couch. It's raining some more again today.

No comments:

Post a Comment