Bank of Tourism Potentials in Slovenia (BTPS) promotes networking of ideas and their realisation oportunities in (Slovene) tourism arena. This is our Travel blog, where we will try to find different people willing to write about Slovenia and Slovenian tourism potentials. All in the name of even better tourism for which our Bank of Tourism Potentials is struggling 24/7. Stay tuned to BTPS and stay tuned to series of live reporting from Slovenian tourism scene!


August 19, 2010

Jocelyn is here!

Adam McRae, the winner of StormIt Challenge (more pictures and comments)

"Just look at me now. Laying in a hotel room in Piran, on the Slovenian coast. The trip to Venice went as well as can be expected. The train ride was bearable, but it didn't leave me with many sleep hours banked. The party is now two of us. Jocelyn made it across the Atlantic. Originally, my good friend Isaac was going to join me, but he had to work... Blah blah blah. Funny thing is, because he couldn't go, I am now taking his girlfriend instead. But don't worry, I'm not in danger of ruining any friendships here. Went to San Marco, pushed through the crowds at the Rialto bridge, photo op, photo op, bought a train station slice of pizza (if only so Jocelyn could say she had a real pizza from Italy) and then got ourselves out of there. It took us a while to get to Piran, the sun was barely in the sky but we found a place to stay (too nice). I have almost a moral aversion to nice hotels. All you do is sleep there! What else do you need but a bed. But with two people, it makes it almost the same price as a hostel so whatever, here we are. I realize i haven't even seen a television in a few weeks.

I received an email from Challenge Future earlier with an invite to have coffee in Bled. It makes me feel like a bit of a celebrity, from now on I will tell people that my band is famous in Slovenia. Speaking of Challenge Future, I don't think I have mentioned them yet, but they are really the reason I am here. If you didn't arrive at this blog from their site, you should visit (http://www.challengefuture.org/) I believe they are starting up a new season of competitions, hopefully another Stormit one so I can win another trip back here. You can see my proposal on the site if you want to see what I have planned. The only clean shirt I have is the one I got from the office in Ljubljana the other day (wearing it now, so the cleanliness is debatable). I will have to make time to go on and thank them properly when I am back in the capital. By that time I hope I have at least done some laundry, otherwise I'll be asking for a week's supply of C:F t-shirts.

I am now soaking up some sun and free Internet outside of the Cafe Teater in Piran. There is a good view of the water and the seawall. It is nice here, another town recommended to me by Slovenian people. The only thing on today's agenda is swimming, sunbathing and eventually making it to Koper and catching a train to Postojna. Caves tomorrow. I'm getting excited just looking at my bundle of travel vouchers and train tickets. Prepare yourself for the prize-winning adventure. I doubt I even scheduled enough time to sleep, let alone write a blog. Čao!"

No comments:

Post a Comment