Bank of Tourism Potentials in Slovenia (BTPS) promotes networking of ideas and their realisation oportunities in (Slovene) tourism arena. This is our Travel blog, where we will try to find different people willing to write about Slovenia and Slovenian tourism potentials. All in the name of even better tourism for which our Bank of Tourism Potentials is struggling 24/7. Stay tuned to BTPS and stay tuned to series of live reporting from Slovenian tourism scene!


August 31, 2010

Last day in the land of Slovenia

Adam McRae, the winner of StormIt challenge (more pictures and comments)

Last day in the land of Slovenia. It's been hectic at times, but that's always part of the fun. I've made lots of friends who I hopefully will stay in contact with. I always have the best intentions with my collections of email addresses, but nothing ever seems to pan out. Perhaps I'm a bad person. I say my goodbyes to my gracious hosts before having a little nap before my 2:30am train. I cut it pretty close and have to do a little bit of running to augment my otherwise not-fast-enough stroll to the station. I can see it at the platform when I get there and run down the tunnel to catch it in time. Phew. I don't know how I would have gotten out of that mess if I missed the train. Maybe some more hitchhiking. Then it dawns on me that maybe I shouldn't have been so excited to make this train. I don't really want to leave, plus the seats are crammed with an assortment of bodies and luggage. Sigh.... I wedge myself in and curl up as best I can. Arriving in Venice now feels a bit routine. I get off at Mestre, take the bus to the airport and wait. I'm tired. The plane is late. There is extra security because I am flying through the USA. The flight is fine, I like flying. The cabin is not full, so there is some room to stretch out. I always specify a vegetarian meal when I can. I like when they bring my 'special' meal because it makes me feel 'special'. Now that we're back across the Atlantic, I suppose this is the end of the journey and the end of the blog. There is the usual long wait times to be processed through US immigration even though I will be spending all of 20 minutes in the country. This is just how it work. Next time I'll splurge on the direct flight to avoid this silliness. Now that I'm back on home turf, I feel like I can relax. However, there are other matters to attend to back in the real world. Back on the hunt for a real job. Finding a new place to live. Arg, I wish I could just be a nomad. But I have made it back in one piece. I'm sure my family and friends will be excited to see me. I owe so much to the land of Slovenia for all of the adventure it has shown me. I sincerely appreciate all of the help I have had along the way in making this trip happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment