Bank of Tourism Potentials in Slovenia (BTPS) promotes networking of ideas and their realisation oportunities in (Slovene) tourism arena. This is our Travel blog, where we will try to find different people willing to write about Slovenia and Slovenian tourism potentials. All in the name of even better tourism for which our Bank of Tourism Potentials is struggling 24/7. Stay tuned to BTPS and stay tuned to series of live reporting from Slovenian tourism scene!


August 24, 2010

Chemical engineering graduates wanted?

Adam McRae, the winner of StormIt challenge (more pictures and comments)

"That was quite a good time. I read back a bit of this stuff to myself and enjoyed it all over again. Even the frustrating parts were fun, or at least interesting. That's where the 'real' travel happens. I'm glad I was asked to keep track of this trip in writing, I would never have thought to do it on my own. Since the train wasn't until 2:28, Jocelyn and I called up our friend from the bar and she told us to come to Trnfest. I hadn't actually been yet, and we missed whatever was happening that night, but the place was still packed with people, and there is an impressive looking stage set up. I can't wait to see what it's like tonight. Also, just as we get there, our friend is out front waiting for a cab, she apologizes and asks me to call her tomorrow so she can make up for it. Fine with me.

I'm going to take it easy today now that I don't have to deal with the self-imposed stress of travelling with someone else. Maybe I'm just a born loser.

And really, all of my objectives have been accomplished. I think I have seen more of Slovenia than any other tourist here. Maybe even more than some Slovenians. It is a good feeling, and this is a fun place (people still can't believe that I'm spending a month here). Ljubljana will be my home for the next few days. Maybe I'll just try to find a job here to avoid the 10 hour flight home. Is this country in need of chemical engineering graduates?"

No comments:

Post a Comment