Bank of Tourism Potentials in Slovenia (BTPS) promotes networking of ideas and their realisation oportunities in (Slovene) tourism arena. This is our Travel blog, where we will try to find different people willing to write about Slovenia and Slovenian tourism potentials. All in the name of even better tourism for which our Bank of Tourism Potentials is struggling 24/7. Stay tuned to BTPS and stay tuned to series of live reporting from Slovenian tourism scene!


August 27, 2010

Nights in Ljubljana Old Town

Adam McRae, the winner of StormIt challenge (more pictures and comments)

"It's nice to have a relaxing sleep and a good breakfast. I purposely make things hard on myself when I travel, I usually need a vacation from my vacation when I get back to home base. I saw my friend Dejan and his girlfriend today in Medvode outside the city. He seems to get what I'm going for. Travel does not have to involve built up areas and continental breakfasts. The new generation doesn't always want that. Oh well, form your own opinion on this.

I was in Kranj today. It reminds me of when you go to a website and it says 'sorry, this page is under construction, please check back soon!' Too bad, maybe next year. The tourism office was closed, and the rain was about to come crashing down. I did a couple of circuits around the empty old town and then hopped on the train back to the center of the Slovenia universe, Ljubljana.

There is a hustle and bustle downtown. Stages are being set up all around and I can smell meat being bbq'd. I buy a beer from a stand and sit in one of my 'free Internet spots' by the river. I wish the camera on this thing could capture nighttime shots, but it's hopeless. Anyway, this is part of a 'Nights in Ljubljana Old Town' festival, now 22 years running. I think I picked the right month to come here. There is something going on every day if you are up for it. I take in some free music and drink another 2€ beer. It's pleasant, but I could use a companion. I have friends here, but nobody is around tonight. I walk home to where I'm staying to rest up for a trip to Croatia tomorrow morning. Why not, free ride.

I feel like I'll be missing out on something here in Ljubljana, but i'll be back for the final day of Trnfest on Sunday. I've even got people to go with."

No comments:

Post a Comment